Seoul Ocean Aquarium Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Company’) values customers’ personal information and complies with the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection.
Through its personal information handling policy, the company informs you of the purpose and method for which the personal information you provide is being used and what measures are being taken to protect your personal information.
If the company revises its personal information handling policy, it will notify you through website notices (or individual notices).
This policy comes into effect from September 7, 2016. (Announcement date: September 6, 2016)
The company collects the following personal information for membership registration, consultation, service application, etc.
- Collection items: Name, date of birth, login ID, password, home address, contact information, email, email reception status, service use record, access log, cookies, access IP information, card type, credit card number, expiration date, etc. Payment information
- Personal information collection method: website (membership registration), mobile ticket purchase
- Fulfillment of contract for service provision, provision of fee settlement content according to service provision, delivery of goods or billing, etc.
- Membership management Identity verification, personal identification, prevention of fraudulent use by delinquent members and unauthorized use, confirmation of intention to join, age verification, handling of complaints such as complaints, delivery of notices
- Delivering advertising information such as events used in marketing and advertising, providing services and posting advertisements according to demographic characteristics, determining access frequency, or statistics on members’ use of services
In principle, the company destroys personal information without delay after the purpose of collecting and using personal information has been achieved. Destruction procedures and methods are as follows.
- Destruction Procedure
The information you entered for membership registration, etc. is transferred to a separate DB (in the case of paper, a separate filing cabinet) after the purpose is achieved, in accordance with information protection reasons according to internal policies and other relevant laws (see retention and use period) ) It is stored for a certain period of time and then destroyed.
Personal information transferred to a separate DB will not be used for any purpose other than that for which it is retained, unless required by law.
Personal information stored in electronic file format is deleted using a technical method that renders the record unrecoverable.
In principle, the company does not provide users' personal information to outside parties. However, exceptions are made in the following cases.
- When users consent in advance
- When there is a request from an investigative agency in accordance with the provisions of the law or in accordance with the procedures and methods set forth in the law for the purpose of investigation.
The company does not entrust your information to an external company without your consent. If such a need arises in the future, we will notify the customer of the entrusted person and the details of the entrusted work and, if necessary, obtain prior consent.
However, when purchasing a mobile ticket, the tasks are entrusted as follows, and the information entrusted is limited to the minimum information required to provide smooth service.
[When purchasing mobile tickets]
Trustee: LS Company Co., Ltd., Kakao Co., Ltd.
Details of entrusted work: (when sending MMS) name, phone number, email
[When answering 1:1 inquiries]
Trustee: Wide Shot, Kakao Corporation
Details of entrusted work: (MMS sent) Name, phone number, email
[Homepage development and maintenance]
Trustee: Aten System
Entrusted work details: Development, modification, and maintenance of the homepage
Users and their legal representatives can view or modify the registered personal information of themselves or children under the age of 14 at any time, and may also request cancellation of membership.
To view or modify the personal information of users or children under the age of 14, click 'Change personal information' (or 'Modify member information', etc.). To cancel membership (withdraw consent), click "Withdraw membership" and go through the identity verification process. After posting, you can directly view, edit, or withdraw your membership. Alternatively, if you contact the personal information manager in writing, by phone or email, we will take action without delay.
If you request correction of an error in personal information, the personal information will not be used or provided until the correction is completed. Additionally, if incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will notify the third party of the result of the correction without delay so that the correction can be made.
The company processes personal information that has been canceled or deleted at the request of the user or legal representative as specified in the “Retention and Use Period of Personal Information Collected by the Company” and processes it so that it cannot be viewed or used for any other purpose.
The company operates ‘cookies’ that store and retrieve your information from time to time.
[Purpose of using cookies, etc.]
Providing target marketing and personalized services by analyzing the access frequency and visit time of members and non-members, identifying user tastes and areas of interest, tracking traces, and determining the degree of participation in various events and number of visits.
You have the option to install cookies. Therefore, by setting options in your web browser, you can allow all cookies, confirm each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
[How to refuse cookie settings]
Example: To refuse cookie settings, you can allow all cookies by selecting the options in the web browser you use, confirm each time you save a cookie, or refuse to save all cookies.
Example of setting method (for Internet Explorer)
Tools at the top of the web browser > Internet Options > Personal Information
However, if you refuse to install cookies, there may be difficulties in providing services.
The following information is retained for the specified period for the reasons below.
- Reasons for retaining information according to company internal policy
- Reason for preserving records of illegal use: Prevention of illegal use Preservation period: 1 year
- Reasons for information retention in accordance with relevant laws If there is a need to preserve information in accordance with the provisions of related laws, such as the Commercial Act and the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., the company retains member information for a certain period of time specified in the relevant laws.
In this case, the company uses the stored information only for the purpose of storage, and the retention period is as follows.
- Reason for preservation of records regarding contracts or subscription cancellation,
etc. Article 6 of the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc. and Article 6 of the Enforcement Decree Preservation period: 5 years
- Reason for preservation of records related to payment and supply of goods, etc.
Article 6 of the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc. and Article 6 of the Enforcement Decree Preservation period: 5 years
- Reason for preservation of records related to consumer complaints or dispute resolution
Article 6 of the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc. and Article 6 of the Enforcement Decree Preservation period: 3 years
- Reason for preservation of records related to identity verification
Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Utilization and Information Protection, etc. Preservation period: 6 months
- Reason for preservation of fraudulent transaction records Preservation
in accordance with company policy, such as exclusion of fraudulent transactions Preservation period: 5 years
In order to protect customers' personal information and handle complaints related to personal information, the company designates relevant departments and a personal information manager as follows.
[Personal information manager]
+ Name: Jonghan Han
+ Phone: 02-700-7200
+ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may report all personal information protection-related complaints that arise while using the company's services to the personal information manager or responsible department. The company will provide prompt and sufficient responses to user reports.
If you need to report or consult about other personal information infringements, please contact the organizations below.
- Personal Dispute Mediation Committee (www.1336.or.kr/1336)
- Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr/02-580-0533~4)
- Supreme Prosecutors' Office Internet Crime Investigation Center (http://icic.sppo.go.kr/02-3480-3600)
- National Police Agency Cyber Terror Response Center (www.ctrc.go.kr/02-392-0330)
These privacy policies are written in Korean language. If these policies are available in other languages and there are discrepancies between the versions, the Korean version shall prevail.